Wednesday, September 25, 2013

disgraceland: dinner in 'bloorcourt'

As I will post about later this week, my friend and I are attending JFL this year. This show, we had about 4 hours to kill before so we went for dinner in the neighbourhood, Bloorcourt. I didn't realize this was a specific neighbourhood but it was near Bloor and Ossington. You truly learn something new everyday.

We went to Disgraceland, at first we chose it because of the fun name, but then we read the menu and knew we had to try it. Its almost like a bar mixed with a diner. We ordered some beers, since we had some times and made the difficult decision of what to eat. 

We started with the perogies, we got the works because... bacon and cheese. I was surprised how crispy the the outside was but they were still pretty good. I had the turkey club, which was delicious and mashed potatoes which were ok. My friend had the cheese and bean burrito with fries, I stole some fries and they were pretty good. They have a ton of poutine options and I'm sure they would have been great in that. They also had a lot of vegan or vegan possible options, for those interested, including vegan poutine. The best, and obviously most unnecessary part of the meal was the deep fried cupcakes. We were unsure of how they would deep fry a cupcake but we determined it was actually a 'ding dong'. They also deep fry twinkies, but I never understood that treat. These 'cupcakes' were delicious. They came with two which was more than enough for us. 
Deep-fried cupcakes

A little dark, but the inside of delicious.

If you're in the area, I'd recommend stopping in at this place, particularly if you have a sweet tooth, or if you're looking for vegan options. Our bill came to just over $80 after taxes but before tip, but be warned, they only accept cash - which is really irritating but we made it work. Have you found deep fried deliciousness that you'd deem worthy of the calories? Let me know in the comments below. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment